Kiteboarding Beginner Lesson 3: Board Skills II (Water Lesson)
Lesson 3: Board Skills II (Water Lesson)
You’ve worked hard to learn the board skills which are fundamental to your safety with a kite in the water. Now it’s time to ride! Two or three hours of one-on-one instruction with plenty of helpful hands-on assistance will have you truly kiteboarding. You’ll learn:
- Board Placement: how to position your board so you can mount up and keep your balance
- Edge Control: how to steer with your board while getting power from your kite
- One-Hand Kite Control: hang loose!
- Power Strokes: how to boost yourself out of the water or speed yourself along
- Speed Control/Timing: how to make smooth turns and transitions, and avoid getting overpowered by the kite
The great thing about this class is, you’re free to ride as far as you can. There’s no stopping and walking back; it’s all riding. Your instructor will stay with you and provide helpful pointers via helmet radio to enhance your board skills further. Students usually end up miles downwind, tired out but full of joy. They’re kiteboarders now!